Saturday, September 4, 2010

I DID IT!!



I was browsing around on the blogger-sphere of course and I came across what may be my new favorite blog. It's www.bluecricketdesign.net
She has a ton of tutorials (TONS) and every single one was something I wanted to try to make for myself. I am such a copy cat. The first project I decided to try was from a guest poster at Flamingo Toes. Her inspiration was a necklace from Anthropology (why don't we have one of them here in PA?). Here's the original necklace I think it's adorable, I love the color the fabric and everything but who would pay $38.00 for a necklace? Someone, but not me.So she tackled the project herself and her result was adorable. Here's her blog tutorial on the fabric necklace
For a novice sewer like myself this project was about an 11 out of 10. I sewed and re-sewed, and threw out and unstitched. OH it was so aggravating. I've never been so frustrated. I bought beads to use and couldn't get them to fit, I was busting seams, my material wasn't right and yadda yadda. I don't have during pictures but I have my end result and I am very pleased with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment